Risk's Ultralight Hiking

The skills involved in setting up a light backpack serve well for both hiking and touring. Learning what is really necessary and then finding high quality gear that meets my honest needs leads to much less carried and more fun. I hope this journal is as much fun to read as it is to write.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Looking forward to Spring Hiking

The days are getting longer and the grass is turning green. Watching the woods come to life is beginning to drive me to a deep longing to get out and hike again.

Just the other day, I was walking in a local park - The Narrows - just making my way down the trail on the moist dirt footpath. A primal kind of desire to walk all day and spend the night in this home-away-from-home hit hard.

But now, it looks like a trip may be closer at hand. I may be able to go hiking in
April. That would be very nice indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home